If you are going through tough times, then resilience is the ability that will help you adapt as well as handle traumatic conditions. But for that extra dosage of motivation, exploring some resilience quotes is a requisite. Because a person may go through an array of difficulties. Then, it could be a setback in business or a failed relationship.
And so, thoughts imbued by some of the best minds give a ray of hope and inspiration. Therefore, we are listing some of the best resilience quotes that will help you to push yourself forward while tackling difficulties with finesse.
60 Resilience Quotes
There are many inspirational quotes on resilience. But we have categorized some of the best quotes that will inspire you, as well as infuse positivity in your life. and we hope it makes you resilient to tackle any situation.
Quotes about being resilient
1. “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.”– Elizabeth Edwards
Everybody suffers from a crisis. Instead of sulking about it, it’s best to suppress it and grow.
2. “Resilience is the virtue that enables people to move through hardship and become better. No one escapes pain, fear, and suffering. Yet from pain can come wisdom, from fear can come courage, from suffering can come strength—if we have the virtue of resilience.”– Eric Greitens
We think pain, fear, and suffering is harmful. But with resilience, all these things can bring over positivity and help escape hardship.
3. “Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.”– Mary Holloway
With resilience, you become independent to deal with your problems single-handedly.
4. “A good half of the art of living is resilience.”– Alain de Botton
Staying resilient is a skill that must be used regularly to survive from setbacks of life. Also, it helps in embracing change.
5. “Resilience is an important key. Protect the key to your peaceful heart.”– Angelica Hopes
Resilience is an answer to many problems. So, practice it if you wish to lead a peaceful life.
6. “Resilience is born by grounding yourself in your own loveliness, hitting notes you thought were way out of your range.”– Gregory Boyle
Resilience helps in loving yourself or applauding an achievement which we considered impossible.
7. “Resilience is not about being able to bounce back like nothing has happened. Resilience is your consistent resistance to give up.”– Janna Cachola
Bouncing back is not enough but you must battle till the end so that you don’t give up!
8. “Resilience isn’t a single skill. It’s a variety of skills and coping mechanisms. To bounce back from bumps in the road as well as failures, you should focus on emphasizing the positive.”– Jean Chatzky
Resilience is all about coping mechanisms and bouncing back. But to complement it – a positive attitude is a prerequisite.
9. “People assume strength is loud. In reality, strength is silent. It is resilience, the will to never surrender your dignity.”– Parker S. Huntington
People think showing off strength is a proud thing. But safeguarding your dignity is more important.
10. “Resilience is very different than being numb. Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt. You fall. But, you keep going.”– Yasmin Mogahed
Despite abundant obstacles, resilience helps you achieve success.
Quotes about about inner strength and resilience
11. “What helps you persevere is your resilience and commitment.”– Roy T. Bennett
The things that help you move on in life is resilience and commitment.
12. “Grief and resilience live together.”– Michelle Obama
It doesn’t matter how sad you are. Because resilience is the way that will help you come out of it.
13. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.”– Steve Maraboli
Life is not easy nor it is lenient. But along the time we become strong and resilient to tackle any situation.
14. “During difficult times, an important resiliency step is being able to express your feelings in healthy ways. You can’t make feelings go away, but you can move through them.”– Al Siebert
No matter how difficult your life is! But don’t run away from your emotions. Rather express them in the best possible way.
15. “No matter how heavy and gruesome the cross you have to carry in your life, surrender to the suffering and RISE.”– Tina Sequeira
Don’t worry about how big or small your problems are. Because there is going to be suffering but you must rise above it!
16. “When darkness falls, beauty is lit from within.”– Johnathan Jena
There are times when it is confusing to tackle problems and everything looks bleak. But with strong inner strength, problems will have no way to enter.
17. “Failure is not the final fall. The will to rise when you fall is fortitude to success.”– Lailah Gifty Akita
Failure is bound to happen. But having the willpower to rise above these failures is true success.
Resilience quotes to become courageous
18. “I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget.”– Erin Van Vuren
Do not get into the shoes of a victim. Rather rise above that!
19. “If the fire in your heart is strong enough, it will burn away any obstacles that come your way.”– Suzy Kassem
Don’t suppress the inner strength in any way. Keep it lively so that you will be able to sweep away all the obstacles.
20. “We all suffer, and we all triumph, and we all get to choose how we hold both.”– Demi Moore
We all undergo suffering but we taste success too. However, it is a balancing act between the both while setting our priorities.
21. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.”– Greg Kincaid
Failures are going to be a part and parcel of our lives. But tackling them with confidence is important.
22. “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.”– Gever Tulley
You will earn resilience and determination only if you face problems in life.
23. “I’ll go, then rub it in the faces of everyone who said I couldn’t.”– Atsuko Ishizuka
People are going to talk about your failures. But one shouldn’t get oppressed; rather give a tough fight and prove that you are not a loser.
24. “Life throws challenges but with patience and resilience you can convert every challenge into a new opportunity to grow.”– Amit Ray
There are going to be abundant challenges in life. But with resilience, you have a chance to explore an opportunity to succeed.
25. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”– Sheryl Sandberg
Sometimes when happiness disappears, yet we give such unnecessary attention to it. After which we tend to forget that happiness is going to come back to us.
26. When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had. And it is only when we are faced with failure do we realize that these resources were always there within us. We only need to find them and move on with our lives.– APJ Abdul Kalam
We always tend to underestimate ourselves. But we all have strengths hidden within us. We just need to acknowledge that and continue with our lives.
27. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal of greater benefit.”– Napoleon Hill
Don’t consider adversity the reason behind your sadness and failure. Because it may prove beneficial at some point in time.
Resilience quotes on relationships
28. “You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined.”– Elizabeth Edwards
No doubt, friends, family, our near and dear ones are the true anchors of our drowning ship.
29. “The good people in our life are like unintentional bodyguards who give us cover, stop the bullets penetrating our armour and help keep us upright.”– Sam Owen
Good people are the true saviors who take every bullet to protect us. And in the process strengthen our inner self.
30. “It’s crazy, how similar we are. Here’s both of us, working through our stuff, trying to make something positive out of something really bad.”– Jenny Han
Togetherness is the key to tackle any problem.
31. “It turns out that there are many powers of the heart–among them intuition, intention, gratitude, forgiveness, resilience, and, of course, love.”– Baptist de Pape
It’s true that love can sail through any problems and wipe out all worries.
32. “Resilience is based on compassion for ourselves as well as compassion for others.”– Sharon Salzberg
Love oneself while loving others will help you rise above all problems.
Resilience quotes to bounce back
33. “Happiness does not mean that our problems magically disappear—it means that we are more able to deal with them.– Randy Taran
Being happy is the strength that helps in dealing with problems.
34. “Forget mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do right now, and do it. Today is your lucky day.”– Will Durant
Imagine there is no tomorrow, and make ‘today’ – the day for every action.
35. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.”– Helen Keller
There is suffering but with resilience overcome it with confidence.
36. “It is really wonderful how much resilience there is in human nature. Let any obstructing cause, no matter what, be removed in any way, even by death, and we fly back to first principles of hope and enjoyment.”– Bram Stoker
No matter how grave a problem is – like death. But human nature is resilient enough to fight every worry and embrace joy.
37. “Everyone has an innate capacity to bounce back from setbacks, reconnect with their passion for work, do their best and thrive no matter how dire external circumstances may seem.”– Rani Bora
We all tend to ignore a natural quality. That we are capable of normalising ourselves despite facing difficult situations.
38. “But the human mind, when it reaches the bottom of the abyss, must bounce back or disintegrate entirely.”– Edward Bunker
It doesn’t matter how deep you have drowned yourself in a pool of problems. But remember to fight back and emerge victorious.
39. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow’.”– Mary Anne Radmacher
“Never give up while dreaming big,” is the ultimate mantra.
40. “It’s okay to feel down or think pessimistically sometimes, but choosing to respond with optimism, resilience, and gratitude will benefit you far more in the long run.”– Abhishek Ratna
Negative thinking may overwhelm you but continue to respond in a positive way!
41. “If you lose one battle, don’t give up. Get up again, you have a war to win.”– Sira Masetti
Failures will come and go. But trying relentlessly is something you should practice everyday!
42. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”– Confucius
You shall emerge victorious only when you will rise above your failures.
I am resilient quotes
43. “Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. Never pity yourself. Be a hard master to yourself-and be lenient to everybody else.”– Henry Ward Beecher
Don’t let excuses pull you down. Do not indulge into self-pity. Also, do not blame others for your failures, rather be compassionate!
44. “My life was my life; I would have to stare it down, somehow, and make it work for me.”– Paula McLain
It’s your life and all the decisions around your life must be taken by YOU alone.
45. “I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.”– William Ernest Henley
Put yourself in the driving seat and take responsibility for all your deeds.
46. “We can’t sufficiently define love with our words. Therefore, the only option that we’re left with is to show it in our actions. And if our actions don’t show it, the words don’t matter. Neither does anything else.”– Craig D. Lounsbrough
Instead of words, actions can do a lot of ‘talking. ’ So, let your actions speak a thousand words.
47. “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.”– Nelson Mandela
Let people remember your success which you conquered after repetitive failures.
48. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”– Thomas Edison
There is always a ‘next time’ after every failure. So, do not give up.
49. “Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.”– J. Paul Getty
Success has no shortcuts, isn’t it?
50. “When we learn how to become resilient, we learn how to embrace the beautifully broad spectrum of the human experience.”– Jaeda DeWalt
When we rise above our problems and become resilient. We are able to cherish every good and bad experience.
51. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”– Og Mandino
If you have a strong determination, then failure will never subdue you.
Positive resilience quotes in the workplace
52. “Entrepreneurs don’t fail because they want to, they fail because they don’t have the right MINDSET to really succeed in a sustainable manner.”– Tony Dovale
Maintaining a calm demeanor and positivity is a requisite to attain success.
53. “Failure is a part of life. Success teaches you nothing, but failure teaches you resilience. It teaches you to pick yourself up and try again.”– Sarah Morgan
It’s not ‘success’ that teaches you resilience. Rather it is ‘failure’ that wants you to keep trying.
54. “Success is simply the wisdom born out of so called failures.”– Rasheed Ogunlaru
Success is born after several bouts of failure. In the process, making you stronger and resilient.
55. “Resilience is built from real hardship and cannot be bought or manufactured.”– Julie Lythcott-Haims
Resilience is not ready-made because it is born after facing and tackling several difficulties in life.
56. “When you care deeply about someone or something, repairs are worth your investment of time, energy, effort, heart, and resources. Whether it is to repair a broken trust or a damaged relationship, take the initiative to make it right and make it better.”– Susan C. Young
If you wish to repair damaged relationships then do not probe – who is right or wrong! Just take the initiative to set things right.
57. “A comeback is a setback that did its homework, learned the lesson, and then moved forward.”– Eleanor Brownn
Victory also goes through a series of hard work, failure after which it witnesses a new beginning.
58. “As much as talent counts, effort counts twice.”– Angela Duckworth
It doesn’t matter how talented you are. Because if you are not taking efforts, then your talent will hold no importance.
59. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.”– Dale Carnegie
There will be times when discouragement will engulf you. But remember that is the stepping stone towards success.
60. “What I always liked best about myself was my resilience, especially in this business with all the ‘no’s,’ the doors closed in my face.”– LaChanze
Despite facing constant ‘NO’s, resilience is what helps you cope up with all situations.
So, now we have explored some of the best resilience quotes. But do you know why it is important to browse through quotes? If no, then keep reading.
Why Is It Important To Read Inspirational Quotes About Resilience?
1. Resilience quotes answer your queries when in distress
When you are in a bad shape, resilience quotes enlighten you and help you bounce back. Those simple words boast the power to motivate, inspire, and encourage you to take a positive step.
2. Resilience quotes help you achieve your dreams
So, if you are in a doubt or hit a roadblock. Then being resilient in a way helps you solve this riddle. And for that constant inspiration, quotes are a blessing.
3. Resilience quotes add a perspective
Resilience quotes may help you open your mind and understand the facts. They give you a wider perspective and help you see things from a different angle.
4. Resilience quotes boost positive thinking
Research on resilience reflects that it is important for the growth of positive psychology. So, with positive resilience quotes, you start feeling optimistic about things around.
For effective positive thinking, make it a habit of reading quotes more often. Then it could be a daily or alternate day but stick to a schedule!
5. Resilience quotes are based on real-life experiences
Quotes are expressed out of thinking, feeling, and are often based on real-life experiences. And that’s why we tend to believe them and realize that – we are not alone!
6. Resilience quotes do not require any extra effort to read
Firstly, resilience quotes are available on the internet for free of cost. And it takes very little time to read them out. Further, there is no specific schedule to read them.
Now that you know the benefits of resilience quotes. So, make it a point to read them every day for an encouraging kick-start.
So, whenever you are looking forward to becoming more resilient, then you must read these inspirational resilience quotes. Because all these quotes come from real-life experiences that will help boost your confidence. Further, it will also give you hope and positivity. And you never know, you might come up with your quote to inspire others!
Neelambari started her rollercoaster ride as a journalist at Pune Mirror (Times Group). After which she started exploring the world of content writing. Today, she boasts more than five years of experience filled with creativity and diversity. During this tenure, she explored various mediums like articles, blogs, social media posts, website content, and much more. And this content ranged from Gynecology, Ayurveda, Dental health to nutrition. However, she enjoys the most writing about Psychology and other medical streams. She loves writing and aims to bring positive changes at least in some lives with her articles on www.themindfool.com