The human mind is as powerful as it is pivotal for a satisfactory life. Most of us live our entire lives without paying a lot of attention to our thoughts. And, in this state of ignorance, we neglect the most powerful force that our human life is blessed with – the mind power.
Essentially, the human mind is directly responsible and connected to our consciousness. And, our consciousness is made up of three different aspects – the conscious mind, the subconscious mind, and the higher conscious. Each of these aspects play a critical role in how you lead your life. Therefore, it is important to understand the correlation between all three of them. And, only after understanding this link, we can truly begin to harness the power of our mind.
But, before we talk about the aspects of our mind, let’s ask ourselves this – what is mind power? And, does everybody possess this?
What is Mind Power?
To put it simply and truthfully, mind power is basically one of the fiercest and the most substantial power that humans possess. It comprises of your thoughts – thoughts that can get you to achieve almost anything under the sun. Focus your thoughts towards success and you will accomplish success. Think too much about failure, and it is what you get.
Mind power is the understanding of the fundamental principles of your thought process and making this incredible power work in your favor.
You may find it hard to accept at this point, but your thoughts have the ability to travel from your conscious mind to your subconscious mind and guide your actions accordingly. These thoughts could even travel to someone else’s mind and enable them to help you, if you require it.
It may sound strange, but the mind power is not exclusive to a sole human being. It is only a fragment of the Universe’s creative power. This means that all your thoughts work in accordance to the universe, and that you are an expression of the Universal Mind.
What is the Conscious, Subconscious, and the Higher Conscious?
Before we discuss the three different aspects of consciousness, you must understand that there isn’t any operational MRI or scan that can distinguish between the conscious and the subconscious mind. It is only by questioning the person that a correlation can be formed between all the three aspects.
Now, to define the three phases of consciousness, it must be noted that:
- The conscious mind is the part of our mind that helps you operate your regular activities. It also regulates your waking hours. It is simply the awareness of your internal and external existence.
- The subconscious mind, on the other hand, records everything you engage in. Much like a slave of the conscious mind, it accounts for everything that your conscious mind does and puts it into an archive for later use. Nothing is ever forgotten by the subconscious mind, which is why it is considered extremely powerful.
- The superconscious or the higher conscious mind encompasses a greater horizon of awareness in the sense that it is able to identify the materialist reality as well as the underlying energy and consciousness.
How to Harness Mind Power?
To truly harness the power of the human mind, it is important to follow certain basic day-to-day steps. They may seem insignificant at first but give it time. Follow these simple daily actions to unleash the true potential of your mind power:
- Set a goal (if you don’t have one already) and work towards it with a positive mind. If you face a roadblock, do not waste energy on complaining or being upset about it. Instead, maintain a positive attitude and try twice as hard as before.
- Keep your emotions under control. Do not let anything or anyone take charge of your happiness and peace of mind.
- Remember, it is not your job to please everyone – you cannot, even if you wanted to. Pick your friends and companions wisely.
- Be open to feedback and suggestions, but don’t allow yourself to be burdened by illogical criticism and prejudices.
- Don’t stop thinking. Instead, ask questions every time you have a thought. This is the only way to get answers.
Meditation has been known to help several practitioners in aligning the different layers of their mind. Known to be one of the most intensive mind training techniques, meditation allows you to delve deeper into the conscious and subconscious. If you are a beginner, try guided meditation for better results.
How to Make the Most Out of These 3 Types of Mind Power?
By now, we truly understand the correlation between the phases of our consciousness. However, making the most out of each of these mind power sources could be slightly different from one another. This is why we need to know exactly how to tap into each of these phases and how to unleash their power.
The Conscious Mind
Tapping the conscious mind is fairly easier than the other two. A bit of healthy and mindful thinking goes a long way into ensuring that your conscious mind is working optimally. Additionally, here are a few things you can try:
- Be curious – Curiosity is a healthy exercise for the mind. It enables you to seek for deeper information and knowledge. Once you have a thought, pursue it and try to look at it from every angle. Ask as many questions as it takes to satisfy that curiosity.
- Go beyond normal – You may feel there is no point thinking about how the universe was formed or why do we have traffic signal and why are flowers multi-colored, but sometimes challenging your mind with these outrageous questions can be a good way to expand your thought power.
- Give your mind a break from information – Our brains are programmed to receive information constantly – from our TVs, computers, and phones, etc. It would be really beneficial if we could stop the flow of this information once in a while, and process what we already have in our mind. You can also try meditation to this end.
The Subconscious Mind
Restructuring your subconscious mind to make the most of what it has to offer is trickier. The subconscious doesn’t forget; it doesn’t get tired. It can run wild throughout the day. Your subonscious also has the power to bring your goals to you and give you the success you so desire. But, leave it without a purpose and it will probably just drive you crazy with all the unnecessary thoughts, memories, and information. Here are a few ways you can harness the true power of your subconscious:
- Eliminate negativity – Your subconscious mind stores all your deepest, darkest thoughts. This is why, it is important that you do not harbor negative thoughts. Eliminating negative emotions and thoughts is the first step towards unleashing the mind power of your subconscious.
- Create a positive counter – Every one of us would love to live a life without negativity, however, it is impossible to eradicate such thoughts and emotions permanently. If you cannot remove negativity entirely, you can counter it with positivity. Every time you have a negative feeling or thought, immediately switch to a positive counter reaction.
- Define your goal and write it down – Once you figure out your goal, be as specific as best as possible. Write it and place it down somewhere you can see every day. And, stop yourself from making any excuses whatsoever, that you could possible use for not doing your best. If there are any safe boats that you may have unconsciously kept aside, burn them. That is the only way you will truly force yourself to achieve what you want.
- Celebrate the small wins – Almost all of us have a few short-term goals that help us reach the final one. Keep a track of your progress and celebrate every time you achieve a short-term goal. Give yourself a chance to feel proud of how much you have changed from who you were before.
- Believe in faith and love – Faith and love are two of the most positive thoughts and emotions for humans. Faith is when you believe in yourself and in the aims and goals that you set. It brings you the kind of certainty you need to encourage yourself. When you have these positive emotions present and in control, your subconscious enables you to see more ideas and opportunities. After all, you attract what you are.
The Higher Conscious Mind
Tapping into the higher conscious or the super conscious is perhaps the toughest of all. And, it is so for the simple reason that most of us do not acknowledge that there is something beyond the conscious and subconscious.
The higher consciousness is above all the minds and intelligence, and it is the root of every creativity. Writers, composers, inventors, and many other legendary people throughout the history of time have been able to tap into the resources that the superconscious has to offer.
The superconscious mind has unlimited access to every thought and every idea in your conscious as well as subconscious mind. It also has the power to access information that is outside of your mind.
Nothing can stop or undermine the power of the higher conscious, however, the only threat to your higher conscious is your attitude. There are various ways that the superconscious works, but here are a few ways you can make it work in your favor:
- Organize your life – When you have a goal, it is merely a wish unless you put it on paper and remind yourself of what you wish to achieve, every single day. However, as human beings, we can have more than one goal at a given time. Organizing your life gives you an opportunity to prioritize your goals.
- Learn to quiet your mind – Meditate. Take some time from the chaos of your life and connect with the nature around you. Let your mind be quiet and feel everything that is within you. And, when you are ready, the answers you seek outside will come from within.
Always pay attention to your thoughts. They are as important to your soul as food is to your health. Block negative thoughts as best as you can and nourish the positive ones to live a happy, healthy, and successful life.
Namrata is a Doctor i.e. dentist turned writer and a clinical researcher. Eager to learn about anything and everything, she is what you would call a jack of all trades and master of none. With a zeal for reading novels, books, and anything she could get her hands on ever since she was little, she embarked into a writing career purely out of luck. After indulging in a freelancing career for nearly two years, she can now write on anything - from dentistry to decor, travel to technology, medicine to management - but the psychology remains her first love. Having dealt with mental health issues in the past, she hopes to raise awareness for the same and help people with her work in association with The MindFool team