Our hearts are craving – nothing but for the peace! So, looking into your heart, what do you find – inner peace or restlessness? Indeed, the question arises in every while. Well, you know it. And all of us do. Clearly, it is evident from the point that so many people look for inner peace quotes once a while in the chaos of life.
And these inner peace quotes do heal us! Yes! Because life is not about success or luxury. Instead, it is about fulfillment and peace. And all the souls crave to fulfill this lifelong pursuit of gaining inner peace. Thus, let’s connect these dots with the words of peace…
Inner Peace – The Eternal Pursuit
Inner peace can be described as a conscious state of mental, psychological, or spiritual calm regardless of external circumstances. Hence, this inner peace of mind or the serene calmness is taken as the practice of being unaffected from the blues given by life.
Also, inner peace is generally counted as being mentally sound. Thus, being without regular stress, chaos, anxiety, restlessness, etc. So inner peace brings comforting tranquility in our thought process and life.
Importantly, inner peace and serenity are the ultimate requirements of every mind. To clarify, what do you ask for – happiness? Success? No, the answer is inner peace. And this peace leads you to the path of happiness and success. So, whatever the circumstances of your life bring you, you can face it with inner peace.
Thus, to know more about the benefits of inner peace – Read here.
Finding inner peace is not a goal, but a journey. It is important to keep in mind to process life in an entity full of peace and divine joy. And we all can cultivate an ‘inner peace’ spirit in us with a bit of positive attitude and willingness. To know more ways to find ‘inner peace’ – Read here.
Now, you may ask –
Why Inner Peace Quotes?
Words can be more inspiring and impactful. So, reading these powerful quotes, said by the wise, can provide you the needed will power and positive attitude. In fact, these may prod you into self-developing practices. And this includes self-introspection to rise above internal storms to realize inner peace.
So, let’s see some of the most self-empowering inner peace quotes to proceed in the path of bliss…
101 Inner Peace Quotes
To begin, let’s dive in the world of peace with this compiled list of powerful inner peace quotes. Firstly, we will begin with the divine Buddha inner peace quotes and then eventually move to other wonderful inner peace quotes said by the wise people around the globe. Thus, here we go…
Inner Peace Buddha Quotes
1. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.”– Buddha
So, leave the loads of regretful past and fly in the peaceful sky!
2. “One’s mind finds no peace, neither enjoys pleasure or delight, nor goes to sleep, nor feels secure while the dart of hatred is stuck in the heart”– Buddha
Besides, you deserve the inner peace…so don’t sabotage it for the mistakes of others.
3. “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.”– Buddha
Thus, how many times do you risk your inner peace in comparing yourself with others? Ask yourself!
4. “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.”– Buddha
Thus, breath in. Pause. Now feel. And rediscover yourself!
5. “Resolutely train yourself to attain peace.”– Buddha
Indeed – man drowns without effort, but needs to thrive to rise.
6. “Inner peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”– Buddha
So listen to your inner whisper, no one else can guide you to the path of peace…
7. “True and lasting inner peace can never be found in external things. It can only be found within. And then, once we find and nurture it with ourselves, it radiates outward.”– Buddha
Thus you don’t need worldly gains to be peaceful. Instead, with inner peace, you can achieve it.
8. “Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.”– Buddha
So embrace the truth, accept it as it is.
9. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”– Buddha
Yes! So believe in peace… Briefly, that’s the gospel.
10. “To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.”– Buddha
Thus, conquer your inner chaos, it’s that simple!
Inner Peace Buddha Quotes to Calm You
11. “You cannot travel the path until you have become the path itself.”– Buddha
So peace is your natural way… you’re born with it. The path is your own reflection.
12. “Purity or impurity depends on oneself. No one can purify another.”– Buddha
Thus, if your mind is peaceful, everything is pure.
13. “There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.”– Buddha
So CHOOSE to be happy in all the paths, simple!
14. “Pain is certain, suffering is optional.”– Buddha
Thus, with inner peace and composure, nothing can make you suffer.
15. “One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.”– Buddha
And realization of peace is that moment…
16. “A disciplined mind brings happiness.”– Buddha
Of course, peace is the crux of this.
17. “Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”– Buddha
Thus, preserve your inner peace for each new day!
18. “Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.”– Buddha
Clearly, only your present has the onus of peace…
19. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.”– Dalai Lama
Of course, it don’t worth more than your inner peace!
20. “Changing the world for the better begins with individuals creating inner peace within themselves.”– Dalai Lama
Thus, the world is within you, let’s begin with it.
Inner Peace Quotes about Life
21. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.”– Norman Vincent Peale
So do you follow this simple way?
22. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.”– Eckhart Tolle
As because circumstances are mere reflection of your mindset.
23. “If you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.”– Lao Tzu
So, are you at peace?
24. “You get World peace through inner peace. If you have got a world full of people who have inner peace, then you have a peaceful world.”– Dr. Wayne W Dyer
Ah! So, aren’t we all aware of this bliss?
25. “Being relaxed, at peace with yourself, confident, emotionally neutral loose, and free-floating — these are the keys to successful performance in almost everything.”– Wayne W. Dyer
So, let’s take the first move of peace!
26. “You can have peace of mind, improved health, and an ever-increasing flow of energy. Life can be full of joy and satisfaction.”– Norman Vincent Peale
Only with your choice to be at peace.
27. “No man can have a peaceful life who thinks too much about lengthening it.”– Seneca
Thus, live every moment. On the whole, it has the onus of peace.
28. “Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.”– Mike Ditka
Indeed, more peaceful … and more content you are.
29. “In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much, and forget about the joy of just Being.”– Eckhart Tolle
….Hence, just Being in Peace.
30. “When you can maintain peace and joy within you despite any situation on the outside, you have become the master of everything.”– Rhonda Byrne
Of course, yes, the materialistic world will be your slave… not the crux of your joy.
Deep Inner Peace Quotes
31. “An outbreak of fire will not be quenched by prayer alone, it’s far more important to prevent it’s breaking out in the first place.”– Dalai Lama
Thus, have peace. And don’t let it be destroyed by the fire of chaos.
32. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
And you always have that ‘peace opportunity’ in your hands!
33. “Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.”– Lao Tzu
Clearly, the tune of peace indeed reflects and echoes in all your deeds,
34. “Your inner purpose is to awaken. It is as simple as that. You share that purpose with every other person on the planet—because it is the purpose of humanity.”– Eckhart Tolle
…Indeed, to awaken, and to realize your inner peace.
35. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
So, you are the temple, you are the lord. And are you aware?
36. “Peace is its own reward.”– Mahatma Gandhi
Hence, you don’t need gains, be in peace, you will feel the ultimate bliss.
37. “Peace is always beautiful.”– Walt Whitman
Indeed yes, no exceptions.
38. “Peace can become a lens through which you see the world. Be it. Live it. Radiate it out. Peace is an inside job.”– Wayne Dyer
And it will beautify everything!
39. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.”– Virginia Woolf
So be in it. And let it be. Even so, inner peace is just there.
40. “Inner Peace is when you realize that, in the end, nothing matters.”– Maxime Lagace
… Obviously, nothing but inner peace.
Inner Peace Quotes about Mind
41. “All the things that truly matter — beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace — arise from beyond the mind.”– Eckhart Tolle
So you can’t achieve these with mental practices. Thus, just feel.
42. “Do you have the patience to wait until your mud settles and the water is clear?”– Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Thus, let your mind be free of chaos. Wait. Consequently, you can see better in the clear water of peace.
43. “Forgive yourself for not being at peace. The moment you completely accept your non-peace, your non-peace is transmuted into peace. Anything you accept fully will get you there will take you into peace. This is the miracle of surrender.”– Eckhart Tolle
So don’t try hard… it’ll come.
44. “Love and peace of mind do protect us. They allow us to overcome the problems that life hands us. They teach us to survive… to live now… to have the courage to confront each day.”– Bernie Siegel
Indeed, it’s your psychological support. And you never knew it.
45. “All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle. Just be.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
In fact, it’s in your mind. Yes. Thus, just be.
46. “The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear, and suspicion.”– Buddha
So when you calm your mind, you gain peace.
47. “Empty your mind of all thoughts. Let your heart be at peace.”– Lao Tzu
Hence, forget the rush. And you will be there at peace.
48. “Acceptance looks like a passive state, but in reality, it brings something entirely new into this world. That peace, a subtle energy vibration, is consciousness.”– Eckhart Tolle
And the wonders of your mind lie in this consciousness.
49. “If you want peace, stop fighting. If you want peace of mind, stop fighting with your thoughts.”– Peter McWilliams
In short, it’s that simple!
50. “Your calm mind is your ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.”– Bryant McGill
Thus, open the strengths of your mind with peace.
Inspirational Inner Peace Quotes
51. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.”– John F. Kennedy
And you CAN get it!
52. “There is a voice that doesn’t use words, listen.”– Rumi
Thus, listen to that voice of peace…
53. “No person, no place, and nothing has any power over us, for ‘we’ are the only thinkers in our mind. When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds, we will find it in our lives.”– Louise L. Hay
So, the master of your life, rule it with peace.
54. “Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy and serenity.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
However, you just have to choose to be at peace.
55. “Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”– Albert Einstein
Thus, lose the bonds of your mind.
56. “Peace brings with it so many positive emotions that it is worth aiming for in all circumstances.”– Estella Eliot
Indeed, in ALL circumstances.
57. “You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.”– J. Donald Walters
So don’t put your back. Rather face it.
58. “When you feel a peaceful joy, that’s when you are near the truth.”– Rumi
Yes, no chaos or excitement can lead you to the truth.
59. “The answer lies within ourselves. If we can’t find peace and happiness there, it’s not going to come from the outside.”– Tenzin Palmo
So believe in you!
60. “You don’t become calm by luck, but by choice. You don’t become peaceful with the help of others, but by yourself.”– Maxime Lagace
Thus, unlock your powers.
Understanding Inner Peace with Quotes
61. “Peace of mind is the mental condition in which you have accepted the worst.”– Lin Yutang
…And know that ‘worst’ is just an illusion.
62. “World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think, the manifestation of human compassion.”– Dalai Lama
So, when you embrace yourself, you embrace the world.
63. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.”– Dr. Wayne W Dyer
Thus, don’t bind life in futile rules. It will take the right shape.
64. “Inner Peace is like a clean and spacious room, empty of unnecessary, old, or broken stuff.”– Remez Sasson
… Stuffs of your hard emotions like anger, hatred, etc.
65. “Peace is a day-to-day problem, the product of a multitude of events and judgments. Peace is not an ‘is,’ it is a ‘becoming.’ ”– Haile Selassie
So, embrace it daily.
66. “Peace is liberty in tranquility.”– Marcus Tullius Cicero
After all, who can be more free than one affected by world chaos?
67. “Inner Peace is when you do what’s right and let go of the rest.”– Maxime Lagace
So, just do your part… let go the rest.
68. “Peaceful is the one who is not concerned with having more or less.”– Rumi
Well, happiness doesn’t have these measures.
69. “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.”– Ronald Reagan
Of course, yes!
70. “Peace is every step. It turns the endless path to joy.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
So take your step with peace!
Philosophical Inner Peace Quotes
71. “It is inner stillness that will save and transform the world.”– Eckhart Tolle
In conclusion, without this inner peace, you can’t heal the world.
72. “Breathing in, I calm body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment I know this is the only moment.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
And this moment of realization is the moment of peace.
73. “One cannot reflect in streaming water. Only those who know internal peace can give it to others.”– Lao Tzu
So, if you want to help others, help yourself first with peace.
74. “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.”– Eckhart Tolle
Thus, change your vision. And be at peace.
75. “Know that success and inner peace are your birthright, that you are a child of God, and as such that you are entitled to a life filled with joy, love, and happiness.”– Dr. Wayne W Dyer
Thus, never criticize yourself. Undoubtedly, you deserve all.
76. “You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.”– George Michael
So take a deep breath, and listen to your soul.
77. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.”– Marvin Gaye
78. “We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.”– Elizabeth Gilbert
Thus, all we need is that realization.
79. “When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world.”– Maha Ghosananda
80. “By going within… nowhere you can go is more peaceful – more free of interruptions – than your own soul.”– Marcus Aurelius
Yes, the journey is ALWAYS inward… hence, within you.
Wise Inner Peace Quotes
81. “Many people think excitement is happiness… But when you are excited you are not peaceful. True happiness is based on peace.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
In fact, have you ever had that single moment of infinite peace?
82. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.”– St. Francis de Sales
‘Cause inner peace is the goal, and you already have it.
83. “When you think everything is someone else’s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy.”– Dalai Lama
84. “If you scramble about in search of inner peace, you will lose your inner peace.”– Lao Tzu
Ah! So, pause and feel. To conclude – you have it in you.
85. “All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry—all forms of fear—are caused by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.”– Eckhart Tolle
And with all these storms in heart, can the flower of peace bloom?
86. “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.”– Eleanor Roosevelt
Indeed, peace is not a virtue, it’s a life.
87. “Have patience in all things – but first of all, with yourself.”– St. Francis de Sales
Importantly, are you at peace, okay, with yourself ?
88. “Virtue alone affords everlasting and peace-giving joy.”– Seneca
So the magic is within you!
89. “Peace of mind comes from knowing that this too shall pass and good progress comes from good habits.”– Brendon Burchard
Thus, believe … and take your move!
90. “If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having.”– Henry Miller
So you can be restless with all the luxuries… and at peace without any!
Peace Quotes about Love and Forgiveness
91. “Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.”– Buddha
And this is the first move towards peace…
92. “True happiness comes from having a sense of inner peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved by cultivating altruism, love, and compassion, and by eliminating anger, selfishness, and greed.”– Dalai Lama
Definitely, we all know … but, do we follow?
93. “Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions.”– Gerald Jampolsky
After all, who can be calm with storms of hatred in heart?
94. “If there’s no inner peace, people can’t give it to you. The husband can’t give it to you. Your children can’t give it to you. You have to give it to you.”– Linda Evans
Thus, don’t blame it on your loved ones, only you have the power.
95. “Compassion brings inner peace and whatever else is going on, that peace of mind allows us to see the whole picture more clearly.”– Dalai Lama
So, take a moment – feel – then react.
96. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”– Jimi Hendrix
And what would you prefer – the race of power or the grace of love?
97. “No one can get inner peace by pouncing on it.”– Harry Emerson Fosdick
So, let it be…
98. “Love and peace should be our highest aspirations.”– Richard Branson
And why so? Because these provide you REAL fulfillment.
99. “Inner Peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.”– Pema Chodron
In short, you are the master of your thoughts … so repeat it!
100. “Inner peace, a practical source of peace and confidence, depends on warm-heartedness and concern for others’ well being.”– Dalai Lama
And isn’t it the simplest way to attain inner peace? Yes!
101. “If you really want peace on earth, create peace in your heart, in your being. That is the right place, to begin with, and then spread.”– Osho
So, love yourself first… and your inner peace will eventually include others.
Take a deep breath. Pause. And look around yourself. Even a single moment of peace changes your perspective for the things. And when you can preserve this inner peace for life, what can be more blissful? Yes!
To sum up, these beautiful inner peace quotes focus on the same. Clearly, life is too short to be lost in the chaos. So, let’s see inside. Take the reins of your mind in your hand. And gallop in the divine path of inner peace!
Kirtika is a motivated soul, passionate about writing, speaking and creating. She has her hands in Literature, Psychology, Life Coaching, Spirituality, Wellness, Sciences and everything creative. As an entity of the vast Universe, she wants to expand her existence with self belief and self exploration. With TheMindFool, she wants to help others in finding their real self.