You know those days when you are sitting with your friend and you want to talk, but you guys have been friends for so long that you have actually run out of stuff to talk about? This is especially true for best friends, because you guys have been close for so long that you have discussed everything under the sun, and then some. Worry not, we have compiled a list of 150 questions to ask your best friend or best friend questions when you have nothing else to talk about.
So without any further ado, let’s get started and explore this comprehensive list of questions to ask your best friend.
Funny Questions To Ask Your Best Friend
Sometimes, you just need some fun questions to take the edge off and have a hearty laugh with your best friend. Here are some ‘best friend questions’ to ask your best friend when you want to lighten up the mood and have a good time in each other’s company:
- Can you hear the voices too or is it just me?
- Will you give me my money back now?
- Have you taken a shit today or are you carrying it inside you?
- I think about you when I’m in the shower all alone, I hope you do too?
- What would you prefer, to own a dragon or to be one?
- If you had to die today, how would you choose to do it?
- If you could only eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What if you were to be attacked by a hoard of 2nd graders? How many do you think you could fight off before they take you over?
- If you were to scream inside your head, what would it look like?
- If you were a sofa, who would you like to be Sitting on you?
- What would you prefer, be able to play every musical instrument out there, or to be able to speak every language out there?
- If you were to die today, would you like your last words to be?
- If you could remove one color from the universe entirely, which one would it be and why?
- What do you do when you are bored?
- If you could be a Pokémon, which one would you be?
- If you were running president or Prime Minister of the country, and you won too, what are the first three things you would do?
- Did you ever send someone a gift that you knew they would hate? Why did you do it? What happened later on?
- Have you ever waved hi back to someone thinking they were saying hello to you only to find out that it was someone else behind you? How did you handle the embarrassment?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever bet money on? What was the thing? Did you win the money?
- If you learn just now that you’re a member of the royalty and you have a Royal title, which title would you want, and which nation would you want to be a representative of?
- What do you think about couples’ costumes on Halloween parties or costume parties? Do you think it is cheesy or do you find it adorable?
- What feature or aspect of the other gender do you find immediately attractive? Which one do you find most unattractive?
- If you could be any kitchen appliance, which one would you want to be, and why?
- If you had to choose between losing an arm order leg, which one would you choose and why?
- What if you murdered someone, and had to hide the body? And where would you hide it so that it is guaranteed that no one would find it?
- If your life was a movie, and you were being filmed the entire time, what would be the soundtrack of your life?
- Who is the person that is on your hit list and why?
- If it was possible to have a song over the soundtrack as your team music whenever you enter a room, which one would it be?
- What if you found a genie and you were given 3 wishes? What would they be and why?
- If your life was being made into a movie, which actor or actress would you want to play you and why?
Deep Questions To Ask Your Best Friend
You know those days when you are sitting at the rooftop at 3 am and looking at the stars, talking about philosophies and the human race? These ‘best friend questions’ are perfectly suited for those situations:
- If you didn’t have to suffer the consequences of your actions, what would you do today?
- If I met you earlier than I did, do you think we would still be close friends? Or do you think we would not like each other?
- Do you believe that humans have several lives and we reincarnate over and over, again and again?
- Which one of all your family members do you share your secrets with?
- If you had to pick one embarrassing incident from your childhood memories, which one would you pick?
- What are you afraid of the most in life?
- Have you ever experienced something supernatural or paranormal? If yes, what is it?
- If you could have a meal with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and why would you want to do that?
- What is your biggest accomplishment in life?
- When you think about the perfect day in your life, what does it look like?
- If you could redo your whole life, with the knowledge that you have now, what would you do differently and why?
- Do you have a particular incident or memory that is associated with me that you still remember fondly?
- Which one of our friends is the most impressive in your eyes and why?
- When you have had a terrible day, how do you comfort yourself at night?
- Do you think we would still be friends when we are 80 years old? What do you think the world will look like at that time?
- If you lived in a fantasy world where anything was possible, which mythical creature would you want to become and why?
- What if you could stop aging when you were at a particular age? When would you want to do it and why?
- If tomorrow your wife or husband decided that they don’t want to work anymore, and they want you to support them, would you be OK with that? Why or why not? What would you do in such a situation?
- If we all have past lives, what do you think yours was?
- What if you could live someone’s life for a week? Who would it be and why?
- If you could pick the time period in which you want to live, which one would it be and why?
- What do you think of before you go to sleep at night? Do you think about the day’s events or some distant memory? Do you feel gratitude towards the life you have been given or do you feel sad about something?
- Which emotion of yours is the most prominent?
- Was there any career choice that you wanted to make or almost made, but could not, due to some unforeseeable? What happened? Do you think you would have liked that career more or do you like the one you have now more? Do you regret missing out or do you think life is better this way?
- Is there anything that you have been wanting to tell me but you couldn’t because you didn’t get a chance or you don’t know how I would react? What is it?
- If you could ask someone one question, and it would be guaranteed that they will be completely honest, what would you ask?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world and afford to live there, what country would you choose and why?
- Who is your favorite celebrity? Is it an actor or an influencer? What is it a historical figure, scientist, philanthropist, or the owner of a big company? Why do you like this person so much? Do they have any qualities that you would want to emulate? What are they?
- If you won a lottery for $1,000,000 what would you do with the money? How would you spend it?
- If you could choose between time traveling to the past or the future, what would you choose and why?
Questions To Ask When You Are Getting To Know Someone
If you are just getting to know someone and want to find out their likes and dislikes, what makes them happy and what makes them sad, this list of questions acts as a great conversation starter:
- When you want to make something tasty and impress someone, do you have a particular recipe that you make? Well, which one is it?
- Which cartoon character was your favorite when you were a kid? And which one did you hate the most and why?
- Which was your worst relationship ever?
- What is your most favorite song of all time?
- Have you ever played a prank on someone? If yes, what was it?
- What kind of food do you absolutely hate, and why?
- What do you think of my fashion sense?
- If you could be any animal in the whole wild world, which one would you be and why?
- What is your favorite memory from school?
- What is your most favorite memory with me?
- If you could have one superpower for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why?
- Have you ever done mushrooms, acid, a hallucinogenic drug? What was it like?
- Do you have any recurring dreams? What do you see?
- Do you have any special skills? What are they?
- Is there any skill that you have always wanted to learn, but have never managed to get around to learning?
- Is there a TV show character or movie character that you can really relate to? Who is it and why do you relate to them?
- What has this year been like for you? Do you think that it’s been a good year or have you faced some difficulties? What were your best and worst moments so far?
- If you could pick your profession The rest of your life, what would you pick and why? Would it be something that makes the most money or something that you actually enjoy? Do you already have the skills for this profession, or would you be learning them during the course of the job?
- Out of all the items in your fridge right now, which one is your most and least favorite? Are there any expired items there? Why? Do you check your fridge often for stuff that has expired? Why or why not?
- If you could have a garden In your home, what would be your favorite plant to grow there? Why?
Random Questions To Ask Your Best Friend
If you want to add some spice to the group conversations and find out weird and random things about your friends, this list of random questions to ask your best friends is perfect for you.
- What are your biggest pet peeves? What are some behaviors or traits in another person that completely ruin Your mood?
- If you had to eat one crayon from the box of colors, which color would you choose, and why?
- If you could go back in time and talk to yourself at 10 years old, what would you tell the little you? What do you think the younger you would tell the older you?
- Have you ever lied to someone about an important thing? What was it? And why did you lie? Did they ever find out? What happened?
- If you could be the opposite gender for one whole day, what would you do?
- What is the most explicable or the weirdest thing that has happened to you? Was it a supernatural phenomenon, or something so coincidentally good or bad that no one would believe you? Have you tried telling other people about it? What did they say?
- What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
- When you go to a new city, do you explore all the restaurants in that place until you find your favorite one? What do you do after that, do you stop exploring new places, and keep going to the same place? Or do you like exploring new places to eat even after you have found the one that you absolutely love?
- If your back could understand what you were saying for precisely one minute, what would you tell them? What do you think they would tell you? Do you think that they know any secrets about you that he wouldn’t want other people to know?
- What would you prefer, fighting that is the size of a cow or 50 cows that are the size of ducks? Why?
- If the world was ending and you had to pick one thing that was the most valuable to you, what would it be and why?
- What is the one quality of yours that you are most proud of but never get to talk about?
- What is the weirdest quality of yours that nobody knows about?
- What’s something that you know a lot about that is not related to your career or field of work in any way?
- If you were stranded on an island with another person, who would you want it to be and why?
- What if you were immortal and could live forever? What would you do with your life?
- If I talk to your friends over family and ask them to tell me about one aspect of your personality that is the most annoying, what do you think they would say?
- Are you an observant person?
- Do you like your life now or did you like it better one year ago? Why?
- What was the last book you read about? Did you like it? Why?
Questions to ask your best friend about yourself
If you want to, check out how much your best friend knows about you, these are the ‘best friend questions’ to ask :
- What do you like the most about me? What do you hate the most about me?
- What emotion do you think I experience the most? Which emotion do you think I experienced the least?
- How do you see me as a person? What adjectives would you use to describe me, if you had to?
- Do you think I am a coward or brave? Do you think I am good at confrontation, or do you think I am an escapist?
- What is a time when you have seen me at my most vulnerable? What happened?
- What do you think makes me smile very easily? And what do you think makes me cry very easily?
- What do I prefer more, movies or books? What is my favorite genre of books and movies?
- What do you think is most important to me – money, power, or status?
- What do you think am I looking for in a partner? What kind of person do you think will make me happy?
- What do you think of my family?
- If you could give me a nickname, what would it be?
- What do you think scares me more than anything in the world?
- What is a childhood fear I have that no one knows about?
- Do you think I am afraid of death?
- What do you think I lie about the most?
Good questions to ask your best friend
Now, when it comes to getting to know your best friend on a level deeper than anyone else, here are some questions to ask a girl or boy best friend:
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? What ice cream flavors do you like to mix and eat that are not that commonly known?
- If you had to tell me what is your dream job, what would you say? What does your ideal work schedule look like?
- If you won the lottery tomorrow, how would you spend the money? What is the first thing you would do? How do you think it will change the rest of your life?
- What is the one childhood fear you have that no one knows about?
- What do you think your life will look like in five years or ten years from now?
- Do you follow your head or your heart in most decisions of life?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Why?
- How long do you think it takes you to fully trust another person?
- What are some qualities, talents, or things about you that you wish more people knew about? What do you wish people did not know about you?
- What was the best year of your life till now? What was the worst year of your life?
- What is a deal-breaker for you in a relationship?
- What kind of parenting style do you think you will follow?
- What does an ideal date look like to you?
- What is on your bucket list?
- What is the biggest regret in your life?
Dirty Questions to ask your best friend
If you are thinking of asking your best friend some sexy questions and flirty questions, here is a list of them. Keep in mind though, these naughty questions should best be said when you are really close with someone, or if you are looking up the truth or dare questions.
- Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Was it alone or with your boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What is your biggest turn on? Which body parts do you notice the most in the opposite gender?
- What is your sex life like? Have ever had a one-night stand?
- Have you ever had sex in public?
- What is a dirty truth about you that no one knows?
- What is your biggest sexual fantasy?
- When did you lose your virginity? How many people have you slept with?
- Are you a good kisser?
- Have you ever been friends with benefits with someone?
- Have you ever watched porn with someone?
Weird questions to ask your best friend
These best friend tag questions will spark some of the most interesting conversations, so don’t be afraid to go forth and ask them:
- Do you ever think about what will happen after death?
- Do you think the Government is hiding the aliens from us?
- If we all evolved from monkeys, why are they still around?
- Do you think ants think of us as giant monsters?
- If you pamper a cow with lots of love, do you think it will get spoiled? Does that mean that we will then get spoiled milk from it?
- If you buy a hot pocket, and it is just cold, is it a cold pocket now?
- Why is it that all the letters on the keyboard are capitalized, except the caps lock key?
- Do you think chocolate milk comes from brown cows and normal milk from regular cows?
- Why do people feel free to sing in the shower, even if they are really bad at it, but not anywhere else outside the shower?
- Why do they make all the most important buttons red?
From funny questions that will tickle your heart, to deep musings that will reveal the inner depths of their mind to you – this list of questions to ask your best friend is the only one you will ever need when you are looking for conversation starters.
Namrata is a Doctor i.e. dentist turned writer and a clinical researcher. Eager to learn about anything and everything, she is what you would call a jack of all trades and master of none. With a zeal for reading novels, books, and anything she could get her hands on ever since she was little, she embarked into a writing career purely out of luck. After indulging in a freelancing career for nearly two years, she can now write on anything - from dentistry to decor, travel to technology, medicine to management - but the psychology remains her first love. Having dealt with mental health issues in the past, she hopes to raise awareness for the same and help people with her work in association with The MindFool team