You probably have already encountered the ‘get to know me questions’ tag in social media. If not, trust me it is worthy in everyday life stances too. How? Well, remember the last time you met that cute stranger? Yes, you wanted to start a conversation to know the person but failed utterly. And this is a common picture.
Often, we want to know a person. But face that same dilemma – the lack of perfect prompts. Actually, it’s an art to craft the ideal one. And you can master it quite well! All you need is this ‘Questions About Me’ master guide. This lets you know what to ask when you want to know about a fellow. So, let’s dig into it!
What is The ‘Get to Know Me Tag Questions’?
It is a popular social media tag or challenge by which one can share his/her personal life with the audience. Hence, it allows the audience to ask you various questions to have an insight into your life. Also, this makes it quite fun and trendy.
Now, the question is –
How is ‘Get to Know Me Questions’ anyway relevant in the real world?
Well, ‘get to know me questions’ or ‘All About Me Questions’ let you get what kind of questions you can ask someone. So, you don’t get overwhelmed or have a ‘blank slate’ moment. Hence, when you want to have a glimpse of someone’s life, you know how to frame it. That’s it.
Thus, from now on, don’t fumble or talk about the weather when you want to step further. Hence, here you have a compiled list of ‘get to know me questions’ under various heads. So, choose the right ones at the right time, depending upon your comfort and the situation. Here we go!
200 Get to Know Me Questions
‘It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.’– Eugene Jonesco
So, let’s find the right questions for various moods and stances that you and the person may get into. Indeed, the headings will guide you.
Likes and Dislikes Get to Know Me Questions
So you met that person but with your brittle words, don’t know how to proceed. In that case, likes and dislikes questions never go otherwise. No doubt, it’s a perfect ice breaker!
Also, as the experts suggest, asking someone about their likes and dislikes gives a glimpse of his/her general perspective for life. Besides, you can understand if you share something in common with the person or not. Let’s see the questions!
- What is your favorite hobby or hobbies? Why so?
- Do you like cold drinks or hot beverages?
- What is your favorite tv show or web series?
- Do you prefer soft drinks or alcoholic drinks?
- What is the food you can eat anytime?
- Which season do you enjoy most? Why so?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What was your favorite subject in high school?
- Are you more an extrovert or an introvert? Or do you fit in the definition of an ambivert?
- What is your favorite music or song? Do you have any memory related to it?
- How do you like to spend your weekends and holidays?
- What is your favorite cuisine? Do you know how to cook this food?
- What is the most boring activity according to you?
- Are you more into books or video games?
- What is your most comfy sleeping position?
- Who is your favorite celebrity? What makes you admire him/her?
- Which book or movie is your favorite? How did you feel reading (or watching) it?
- Is there something that you can’t live without?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite outfit? Is it because of comfort or looks?
‘Personal’ All About Me Questions
Started a conversation but don’t know how to carry it to the person’s inner self? A great way is – touch their personal sphere. Psychologists say that asking questions about close relationships, childhood, etc. make others share their personal life effortlessly. You can carry it like this –
- What is your nickname?
- How many siblings do you have?
- Where do you belong? That is, where is your hometown?
- Are you more like your father or your mother? Based on which traits or features do you believe so?
- What is your best habit?
- Have you ever been in a relationship with someone?
- What is the most expensive thing you ever bought for yourself?
- Do you keep a gratitude journal?
- Are you more organized or messy?
- Who is your favorite person? Why do you like him or her?
- Are you religious/spiritual or an atheist?
- What is your cutest childhood memory?
- Are you close to your family or any particular family member?
- What is your weirdest trait or habit?
- Would you be rather a rich person or a happy one?
- How did you spend your first income?
- What are your best personality traits?
- How do you define the term family? Do you find it worthy now?
- What is your most loving family memory?
- Are you a pampered child? How were you brought up?
Funny Get to Know Me Questions
Now, when you have started it, it is obvious to try to sync your comfort zone. And what can be more apt than sharing laughter for this? These funny cum weird questions make things lighter between you. This lets you know the crazy side of the person. So, give these a try!
- If you were an ice cream, which one would it be? Why this?
- What is your most embarrassing memory?
- How do you see your childhood wishlists today? Do you still have anything in common?
- Which fictional character would you like to be if possible? Why?
- How would you rate your sense of humor?
- What is your weirdest wish in life? Do you believe it will get fulfilled?
- If you were a food, would it be spicy or sweet?
- Have you ever done any mischief? What was it?
- What is the funniest thing you saw recently?
- Are you innocent or mischievous?
- Who is the most mysterious person you ever met?
- Have you ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time? When was it?
- What is the weirdest compliment you ever got? How did you feel receiving it?
- How would you feel if you get up being of the opposite gender?
- Who is your secret crush?
- What is your most dirty habit?
- If you get a chance to lead someone else’s life, who would it be?
- What is your favorite meme or joke?
- Have you ever been too drunk to manage your consciousness?
- Would you have good food over good clothes or vice versa?
Career Questions About Me
A major part of someone’s life is taken by their career. So, knowing their perspectives towards their professional life is crucial while trying to know the person. Besides, this can lead you to a more productive chat!
- What is your dream job?
- What is your biggest accomplishment till now?
- If you could earn advertising fees by advertising for anything, what would it be?
- What do you like most about your job?
- Do you find something wrong with your work? What is it?
- What was your first job? How did you like it?
- Would you like to have a job or be an entrepreneur?
- Are you a workaholic? If not, then what do you think about such people?
- What kind of work/job do you find most boring?
- Do you feel content with your current work?
- What are your future ambitions?
- Do you think a career is more important than family or the other way round?
- What is the most annoying thing or person around you?
- Would you prefer the fulfillment/self-satisfaction or the monetary benefits while choosing a job?
- Do you think education is important independently or is it only valuable in concern of a career?
- What did you want to be as a child? How do you see that profession now?
- Do you prefer a salary based job or commissioned one?
- What is your best professional decision until now?
- How do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- Would you let (support) your partner take bold career decisions in life or not?
Flirty Get to Know Me Questions
If things go well between you, your encounter may turn into a date. After all, you may get interested in the person. Even if not, positive flirting is healthy too. Rather, this lets you know about the person’s perspective towards love and other related spheres. So, if you find the things in full swing, you can simply go to these questions.
- Have you ever kissed someone? When was it? How did you feel?
- Which is your most favorite body part?
- How was your first date like? Or else, how would you like it to be?
- Who was your first crush?
- How would you tell a person that you are interested in him/her?
- What are the traits in a person that turns you on instantly?
- If you get to be in a relationship with anyone, who would he/she be?
- Would you ever like to have a romantic date with a person like me?
- How do you react when someone flirts with you?
- What are the traits that turn you off instantly?
- Have you ever been on any online dating app?
- What is the most clever pick-up line you ever heard?
- How would you describe yourself in your online dating platform profile?
- What is the nickname you would like to give me?
- How do you describe your dream date?
- Are you a possessive person for your loved ones?
- Do you believe in love stories? Have you ever had one?
- What is the first thing that comes to your mind while thinking about your romantic partner?
- Have you ever moved forward in a romantic relationship? Or would you like to?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
Dreams Related All About Me Questions
Really, we are not the ones we show as sane selves. Deeper, we are the illogical beings who dream. And knowing someone is incomplete if you don’t know the dreams they have. So, jumpstart a deeper conversation by entering their dream world!
- If you were free to live anywhere in this world, what would be your preferred place?
- What are the first 3 things in your bucket list?
- If you had a magic stick, what would you do?
- What would you do if this is the last day of your life?
- If you get to meet anyone who ever lived on the earth, whom will you choose?
- What would you do if you had to choose between money and health?
- What is your deepest fear?
- What would you do if you had Aladdin’s magic lamp?
- How would you like to see the world in the next 100 years?
- If you had unlimited money in your bank account, how would you use it?
- What is the thing you would like to be if you are free to be whatever you want?
- Would you like to be immortal if you get an opportunity?
- What is one thing you would like to change in the world?
- If you had a time machine, where would you visit?
- Think that you can change any portion of your life, what would it be?
- Who is the person you would like to bring all happiness for?
- Do you prefer fame or money?
- If you can give something for a noble cause, what would it be?
- What is the one moment of your life that you want to relive?
- What aspect of your life do you find as a complete bliss?
Get to Know Me Questions which touches the Soul
We all want deeper chats. And this is only possible when we go deeper into someone’s soul. This lets you know the values, principals, and other aspects of a person. Of course, this makes a conversation complete in a real sense.
- Do you think crying is a sign of strength or weakness?
- Have you ever been in love with someone?
- Who has done the biggest sacrifice for you in life? What was it?
- Have you shown self-compassion in the hard times?
- Are you a karma believer or do you believe in destiny?
- What do you think is the real accomplishment of life?
- Do you think a relationship is more subtle or physical?
- Why do you love your favorite person?
- If you can change one thing in your life, what is it?
- When was the last time you had a hearty laugh? What was the reason?
- Do you believe in people easily? Are you satisfied with your this trait?
- What is the biggest regret of your life?
- How would you define success?
- If you can rewrite a page of your life, what would it be?
- What makes you proud of being a human?
- Do you believe in magic?
- What or who is your inspiration? Why so?
- Are you satisfied with your life till now?
- What is the biggest possession or the most precious thing of your life?
- What is the thing in your life you are really thankful for?
Get to Know Me Questions to Know His/Her Personality
While trying to know someone, knowing his/her personality is a basic curiosity. In fact, this makes his/her choices, preferences, and decisions visible. So, with the right questions, you can make the person reveal his/her true identity without even realizing it.
- Which sense (vision, touch, hearing, smell, taste) would you keep if you could have only one?
- Would you love yourself if you were another person?
- What is the biggest quality in any person according to you?
- If you have to describe yourself as an animal, which would it be?
- What is your one dirty secret?
- Are you rude honest or a modest liar?
- What do you think makes a person cool?
- Do you believe that love can happen twice?
- What is the one thing that makes your best friend ‘best’?
- If you had superpowers, how would you use it?
- Whom do you admire more – a hero or a villain? Why so?
- What is the trait you miss that was in your childhood self?
- Do you easily get annoyed? Or what do you find most annoying?
- If you could have only one to be alive, what would you choose – sleep or food?
- Would you like to spend your time with your family or your friends?
- What is the one thing that you find worth in your education after all the degrees are lost?
- How do you want yourself to be remembered after your death?
- If you could change a real historic event, what would you change?
- What are the 3 things that you would like to unlearn?
- What calms you down instantly? Does it always work?
Interesting Get to Know Me Questions
It is always interesting to know about a person’s life and personality. But what about those hidden faces he/she have? Or else, the interesting aspects of their life? Yes! Asking these unconventional ‘get to know me questions’ can make your way for this. Here are these –
- Do you prefer walking on a rain-wet ground or a dry one? Does it include puddles?
- Are you immediate water in the morning or do you keep snoozing the alarm? Or else, do you wake up without even an alarm?
- Do you have faith in the concept of rebirth or afterlife?
- Are you a serious health-conscious person or an ignorant one in regards to health?
- What do you think about the famous mythical creatures like Unicorn, Phoenix, Kàpà, etc.? Which one do you find most fascinating?
- Are you allergic to something? What is it?
- When was the last time you had your heart out crying? What was the reason?
- Do you think yourself good with long term memory? Is there something little that you remember even after so many years?
- What would you prefer – home on the hills or on an island?
- According to you, what is more, meaningful or essential – war or peace?
- Would you like to have a long life or a short one? Why so?
- If you get an option to choose between a famous celebrity or a next-door person to be in a relationship, whom would you choose?
- Have you ever had a strong crush on someone too older or younger to you?
- Suppose you are in a mysterious place where you can have all the happiness you want. But you can be there alone. Would you prefer this or would go for a normal life?
- Are you more into traveling or do you easily get homesick? Is there any such incident?
- Have you ever slept at a weird time and place? What happened then?
- Do you believe in paranormal things like spirits, teleportation, etc. ?
- What do you think about life outside the earth? Do you think humans as the most intelligent species or do you believe in the concept of an equally or more advanced alien life?
- Do you cry watching emotional movies or reading such books? What do you think about this trait of yours?
- What would you do if one day you wake up and find yourself in the parallel world? Do you believe in this theory of parallel world?
Random Get to Know Me Questions
When you are in tune with each other, random questions can add a flavor to the conversation. This lets you know each other better. So, here are some additional questions on the list to make things smoother for you!
- If you’re given a million dollars cheque today, how would you spend it?
- What are your favorite communication exercises for couples?
- Which is your favorite smell?
- Have you ever slept under a starry sky? How did it feel?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- When was the last time you had a deep conversation with someone?
- Which book, story, poem, movie or quotes do you find really inspiring?
- What is your favorite technology in today’s era? Can you imagine a life without this technology?
- Are you interested in any form of art? What is it and why do you like it?
- In times of conflict, do you assume positive intent? Or do you tend to judge or mistrust people instantly?
- Do you have a pet? Or have you ever had a pet? What was it?
- Are you happy today? Why or why not so?
- Which animal, insect, or reptile do you find most creepy? How do you feel if it is somewhere around you?
- Are you an assertive person with bossy traits? Or are you just opposite?
- Do you find modesty as a form of internal weakness? Why or why not so? Does this include your belief upon violence or non-violence?
- What is a specific part of the day when you find yourself most vulnerable or emotionally volatile?
- Are you into following a disciplinary pre-planned schedule or do you work as per your will, mood, and the situation?
- Do you have faith in paramedical treatment ways like acupuncture, reiki, etc.?
- If you have to describe yourself in 5 words, what will be these?
- Do you feel alone, non-existent, or lost in the crowd? Or do you find it full of life and fun?
Very well! You completed the list. But you are surely free to make your own get to know me questions that work quite well. Now, let’s explore its other aspects!
Advantages of ‘Get to Know Me Questions’
Okay, you are armed with cues for your next meeting. But you might be curious how knowing these ‘get to know me questions’ can be beneficial. No worries. We’re here with the answer –
- Chances of a positive and healthy conversation are higher.
- Things go smoother as compared to the random questions.
- You can get a clear idea about yourself or someone. This lets you make the right decision regarding your next move towards the person.
- It can be useful in having a productive conversation or communication. This is high result-yielding in various life spheres.
- This is a really fun trend. So, you can connect with more people easily by participating in this social media challenge.
How to Answer Get to Know Me Questions?
Now, you are aware of the best get to know me questions to ask a person when you get the chance. But, chances are high that you may find yourself in the answering seat too. Especially, in regard to the popular social media get to me tag questions.
So, here are some quick tips for you –
- Don’t over-explain, brag, or exaggerate. To sum up, keep things simple.
- Overall, try to be as truthful as possible.
- But don’t let yourself flow in the tune.
- Importantly. answer questions wisely.
- Clearly, don’t speak up something that you will regret later.
Now, before wrapping up, it is good to have some additional tips that will help you master this art of conversation!
Additional Tips for ‘Questions About Me’
Follow these tips while asking those ‘get to know me questions’ to a person –
- Don’t rush or get impatient.
- Besides, be wise in the selection of questions. For instance, if the person you are with is your senior or anyone as such, flirting can be harmful. Also, if the introduction is too young, asking too personal questions can be annoying.
- Give them enough time to share.
- LISTEN! Now, this means, don’t just nod your head when you’re lost inside. Briefly, take a REAL interest in the conversation.
- Participate actively in the conversation. In short, don’t be a wall someone is speaking to.
- Keep things light. Moreover, don’t overdo it. This means, don’t be an interviewer. It should be natural and smooth.
Final Thoughts on ‘Questions About Me’
‘Those who judge will never understand, and those who understand will never judge.’– Wilson Kanadi
We often judge people without knowing about them. Thus, either we believe in the wrong people or mistrusts the right. But with these right ‘get to know me questions’, you can have a wise move.
So, you can understand people before jumping to conclusions. Also, this is a fun way to get in tune with others while asking the right questions at the right time. Now, your turn!
Kirtika is a motivated soul, passionate about writing, speaking and creating. She has her hands in Literature, Psychology, Life Coaching, Spirituality, Wellness, Sciences and everything creative. As an entity of the vast Universe, she wants to expand her existence with self belief and self exploration. With TheMindFool, she wants to help others in finding their real self.